- JOB VACANCY
AABN Foundation is an enterprise development organization that provides business advisory services and innovative training programs for SMEs, Agribusinesses, Youth Groups, and Business Women Enterprise Networks through strategic partnerships, capacity building, creative products and advisory services. AABN is an accredited training partner of the ILO/WEDGE project and a United Success Ambassador. As part of effort to advance our mission, AABN is looking to fill:
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
We are looking for an experienced Director of Operations to organize and oversee the daily operations of our company. You will be the one to ensure that our business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people.
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many different kinds of operational activities. He/She must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business.
The goal is to safeguard and augment the efficiency of the company’s operations to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success.
- Liaise with superior to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Supervise staff from different departments, regions and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs sustainably, with legality and conformity to established statutory regulations
REQUIREMENT AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Proven experience as Director of Operationsor equivalent position with enviable achievements
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or any Relevant Field
- MSc/MA in a related field will be an added advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Application, including a cover letter (not more than 2 pages) with a statement of motivation highlighting the candidate’s experience against the criteria listed above and a CV, including names of three professional referees should be emailed to email@example.com.
Please Note that only short listed applicants will be contacted and is a very competitive Interview and Hiring Process.