The Program Senior Advisory Coordinator will oversee and coordinate all Regional Advisory Coordinators and will be responsible for program implementation and coordination of the work on consultants and all staff. He will be reporting to the Executive Director.
POSITION: COUNTRY DIRECTOR/SENIOR ADVISORY COORDINATOR
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Country Manager performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Oversee the Coordination and Administration of all aspects of an ongoing program including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
Plan the program
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization
- Develop new initiatives and directory of training to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Develop and implement sustainable long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the sustainability of the program
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services
Organize the program
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards
- Develop Management |information System (MIS), forms and records to document program activities
Staff the program
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select well-qualified program staff
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization
- Ensure that personnel files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices
- Ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs
Lead the program
- Ensure all staff members receive orientation and appropriate training in accordance with organizational standards
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Control the program
- Write reports on the program for management and for funders
- Communicate with funders as outlined in funding agreements
- Ensure that the program operate within the approved budget
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to the Executive Director on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure that all financial records for the program are up to date
- Ensure financial reports and supporting documentation for funders are prepared as outlined in funding agreements
- Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted to funders according to the established timelines
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A Minimum of a University Degree or a Degree in a related field is required
- At least 5 years in a related field
- Experience in Similar position with an NGO and/or International Organization or educational sector will be an added advantage
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of program management
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing
- Simple accounting
The Program Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Program Managers usually work in an office environment but the mission of the organization may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces.
- Program Managers work a standard work week but may be required to work some evenings and weekends to monitor program activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Application, including a cover letter (not more than 2 pages) with a statement of motivation highlighting the candidate’s experience against the criteria listed above and a CV, including names of three professional referees should be emailed to email@example.com.
Please Note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.