- ABOUT US AND JOB VACANCY
AABN Foundation is an enterprise development organization that provides cutting-edge business advisory services and innovative training programs to SMEs, Agribusinesses, Youth Groups, and Business Women Enterprise Networks through strategic partnerships, capacity building, creative products and advisory services. Our vision is Hope for Businesses in Africa.
AABN Foundation is an enterprise development organization that provides business advisory services and innovative training programs for SMEs, Agribusinesses, Youth Groups, and Business Women Enterprise Networks through strategic partnerships, capacity building, creative products and advisory services.
POSITION: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER
We are looking for an experienced Administration Manager and Finance Manager to supervise daily support operations of our company and plan the most efficient Administrative and Finance Policies and Procedures. You will lead a team of professionals to complete a range of Administrative Duties in different departments.
The Financial and Administrative Manager will be in charge of financial management of project funds, assist communities in fund mobilization and the management of resources and staff in the project. S/he will also be in charge of submitting timely reports to Global Communities and ensuring that all Master Card and Global Community finance policies and procedures are met
- To lead and coordinate the effective management of finance and general administration functions in Finance department
- To manage all aspects of accounting, procurement and regular audit for the organization.
- Develop/institutionalize strong internal control mechanism (financial and administrative systems) for the organization.
- Leading the process of developing a realistic annual budget and making sure that it includes enough income to cover all planned expenditure.
- To ensure the organization meets all its commitments to the donors and be the contact person for donors in all finance related matters
- To develop financial guideline and procedures for all AABN offices and ensure finance staff appraisal are done on timely basis.
- To assist and provide training to field staff in finance and other related areas as appropriate for proper maintenance of their books of accounts, inventory and fixed assets records.
- To visit field offices to check and to verify accounts and support them in their capacity building /strengthening.
- Regularly forecasting cash flow based on the work plan by the program, making sure that all parts of the organization have enough cash to pay for their activities and advising the management on investing any cash reserves.
- To make sure that the monthly and other annual and periodic financial reports are forwarded to management and donors within the stipulated deadlines.
- To provide an overview of financial performance of the suppliers and be overall responsible for the timely disbursement of the financial installments to the suppliers and field offices.
- Ensure all financial reports are checked for accuracy before they are submitted to the donors
Carry any other duties as may be directed by the director
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for all the bank accounts and present them to the Senior Manager/Director for approval
- Carrying out frequent data back ups
- Preparation of support documents e.g time sheets, contracts, vouchers then preparing the financial reports in liaison with field offices and ensure that all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Plan and coordinate administrative procedures and systems and devise ways to streamline processes
- Recruit and train personnel and allocate responsibilities and office space
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations
- Manage schedules and deadlines
- Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints
- Monitor costs and expenses to assist in budget preparation
- Organize and supervise other office activities (recycling, renovations, event planning etc.)
- Ensure that Advisors adhere to policies and regulations
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments
Ensure all support activities are carried on efficiently and effectively to allow the other operations to function properly.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent Communication and Organizational skills.
- Well-versed in departmental procedures and policies
- Able to actively discover new ways to do the job more efficiently.
- Proven experience as administration manager
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and departmental and legal policies
- Familiarity with financial and facilities management principles
- Proficient in MS Office
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- A team player with leadership skills
- Must have a Minimum of BSc/BA in Business Administration or related field form a recognized University.
- Level 2 of Chartered Accountants (CA) – Ghana or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- Minimum working experience of 2 years in a similar position most preferably with NGOs
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and accounting packages preferably Tally and QuickBooks
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
Application, including a cover letter (not more than 2 pages) with a statement of motivation highlighting the candidate’s experience against the criteria listed above and a CV, including names of three professional referees should be emailed to email@example.com.
Please Note that only short listed applicants will be contacted. JOB VACANCY